Victims of Crime Assistance
If you need additional assistance with coverage for bio-hazard remediation, there is a fund set aside by the State of Texas for victims of crime. Crime Scene cleanup is a service partially covered under the Texas Crime Victims’ Compensation fund.
Specifically for crime scene cleanup an individual may be qualified for reimbursement up to $2,250 for expenses not reimbursed by insurance or other sources.
How do I know if I qualify?
Once you mail in your application to the state of Texas, they will request a police report, input your information into their system, and then the case manager will review for approval. Some of the factors that are reviewed and considered are:
- Innocent victims of a crime who suffer substantial physical and/or emotional harm
- A victims dependent
- An individual who is authorized to work on behalf of a victim
- Someone who has rendered aid to the victim
- A person who assumes legal obligation or voluntarily pays expenses
- Immediate family or household members who require counseling as a result of the crime
- An officer, fire fighter or individual charged with the duty of public protection
For additional information, consult the Crime Victims’ Compensation Division